Sunday 30 June 2013

Origins GinZing Trio, Part One: Energy-Boosting Moisturizer.


Hello lovely! Today I'd like to talk about a new range from 'Origins' which is the GinZing range. Complete with it's bright orange packaging, you simply can't miss it.

Today I'm reviewing the Energy-Boosting Moisturizer. 

According to the product notes it's a facial cream to instantly hydrate the skin and 'rev up' radiance. Origins are clearly down with the kids..

As always, let me cut through the blurb for you and tell you a little more about this moisturizer...

Firstly, I'm not a big fan of pots of product. I don't like the thought of having to dig your hand in every time you want to use it - it's surely the most unhygienic of packaging styles. I much prefer my moisturizer to be in a tube, but that's a personal preference.

The pot is deceptively large as it contains 50ml of product. 

When taking off the lid you are met with something highly unexpected; the smell. Remember at Christmas when you had a tin of Roses and after a few days you go to open the tin and all that's left are the Orange Cremes? This moisturizer smells EXACTLY like an Orange Creme. 

As for the texture...


It's quite thick but very lightweight. As soon as you pop this on the skin, all it takes is a small fingertip massage and it's instantly absorbed. It's a nice feeling and it's pleasant to apply.

Considering the aforementioned smell, it actually doesn't leave your skin smelling like an Orange Creme, which is baffling.

This moisturizer isn't greasy and you can start to apply foundation without having to wait too long for it to soak into the skin. 

Having said all of the above; I'm sorry Origins but this product doesn't wow me. After a while of using the Energy-Boosting Moisturizer, I noticed no notable difference in my skin. So for £23.00, I wouldn't be rushing back to the shop to repurchase this product I'm afraid. 

I certainly didn't feel like my skin had any more energy and other than my bedroom smelling distinctly of Christmas, there was no other benefit to using this product. 

You can buy this product from Boots online or in store. As well as other retailers that sell the Origins range.

If you're looking to make a purchase within this range, check out my reviews on the Origins Refreshing Eye Cream & Brightening Mascara too. 
  
Always Geek, Forever Chic,
Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...