Wednesday 1 May 2013

Burt's Bees Lip Balm


Hello Lovely! Today is my review of the Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm, specifically the version with Vitamin E and Peppermint. 


To those who use a lot of lip balm you'll understand the importance of having a good trusty faithful in your purse. In fact, as I write this and look down into my handbag I can clearly see not 1, not 2 but 3 lip balms poking out of the cosmetic pocket. 

Burt's Bees was founded in the states, you'd be forgiven for thinking otherwise because of the amount of French on the packaging, but alas. 


This lip balm retails at £3.95 which is at the top of the high street pricing spectrum for such a product. You'll find a tin of Vaseline lip therapy is £1.99 and a Carmex lip balm £2.69. 

The main USP of this product is that it's billed as 100% natural - so if that's something that's especially important to you, then rest assured it's a responsible product and the packaging is recyclable. The product is also cruelty free and BUAV approved - woohoo!

So onto the product itself... You can most definitely smell the peppermint when you remove the lid and this little addition is even more prominent when you put the balm on your lips. It causes a tingle sensation which will stay with you for a good few minutes before wearing off - if this is something that you're not used to, you might not like it. 



This product does feel moisturising and it does make my lips feel like they've had a bit of nourishment. It can be a little 'waxy' compared to most lip balms, which naturally you'd expect and whether that's a good thing or not is purely down to personal preference. 


My Conclusion...?

I like this product, I don't love it...

I am put off by both the consistency and the price tag. I think there are more moisturising lip balms on the market that are also slightly cheaper. 

However I know that this brand is a beauty staple lip balm for a lot of people - so I'd say if you're looking for a new lip balm, why not give it a go. 

You can buy this product online at Boots.com or purchase in your local store.

As always, if you pick this up - let me know your thoughts!


Always Geek, Forever Chic.
Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...