Wednesday 17 April 2013

Philips VisaPure


Hello lovely! Today I would like to bring you my review of a product which is brand spankingly new to the market; Philips VisaPure Facial Cleansing Brush.


Billed as a 'new technology that will take your daily cleansing routine to the next level without any extra effort'... I knew that I had to give this product a try.

Now first things first, this product does carry a pretty hefty price tag. It will set you back 150 round English pounds. So, does it justify the price tag? Will it rival the Clarisonic? Those were my two most important questions...



Let's start with the aesthetics. My first impression was that it was unneccesarily large but actually, the design lends itself beautifully to it's purpose. It's incredibly easy to hold and it sits in the hand like it was always meant to be there.

It feels weighty, but it's not heavy. The on/off button is nicely designed, easy enough to press but difficult enough to turn on accidentally in a bag.

In the box is a charging stand, a UK plug, 2 brush heads and a protective cover for the brush heads.


When you buy the VisaPure, you receive 2 different brush heads. These are the first two shown in the image above. The first is a normal brush head and the second a brush head for sensitive skin. I decided to start using the system with the sensitive brush head just in case this method of cleansing was too harsh for my skin in the first instance.

The other brush head which you can purchase seperately is an exfoliating head. (Far right in the above image.) This retails for £7.99. I've found that the brush heads wash well and retain a good shape with air drying. You can effectively air dry the heads when the unit is in the charger too, which is handy.

So let's run down the techno-babble, Geek to Chic style...


  • It's a rotating and vibrating cleansing brush.
  • Designed to be used for your daily cleansing routine.
  • Gentle enough to be used twice a day - ooh-er.
  • It has a 1 minute timer for the full face. (I particularly love this feature...)
  • It's programmed with 2 different speed settings. Gentle cleansing & Deep cleansing.
  • It's fully waterproof.
  • It has 3 different brush heads.
  • A charging stand is included in the box.
  • When fully charged, which I think takes slightly less than the 6 hours the box states, it has enough power for 30 cordless uses.
  • You get a 2-year warranty - not too shabby.

Philips claim that it's 10 times more effective than hand-cleansing. Now while we are geeky enough for most things, I certainly couldn't confirm or dispute the factual accuracy of this statement. But I have been using the system for a while now and the results are really impressive.

I've noticed that my skin tone appears much more even and having always suffered with redness; this is a really exciting development. I've also found that the overall texture of my skin has improved and my make up application is easier.

It feels nicer on my skin than the Clarisonic and I definitely prefer the design of the VisaPure because it's much less awkward to hold and it feels like it's of a better build quality. Having said that, my only negative with this product is that if you don't want to place the VisaPure into the charging stand, the design can be a little awkward when placed on a flat surface as it does tend to 'roll around' a bit.

I had expected the VisaPure - as I would with any vibrating appliance (easy now...) - to be annouingly loud. Again, much to my delight and especially considering it's close to my face; it is not.
My Conclusion...?


My skin feels softer, looks brighter and is considerably happier with me than it was before I started using the VisaPure system. I have recently used the ProActive skincare system as my daily routine, so it did have big shoes to fill as this system worked really well for me.

And drum roll... I do prefer the VisaPure to the Clarisonic. <GASP>

I would definitely recommend this system, although it's a considerable investment, to absolutely anyone who would like to maintain a really decent daily skin care routine.

If I could offer some advice to go with the VisaPure it would be to remember that the product effectiveness will vary depending on your choice of cleanser. I've been using the VisaPure with my Neutrogena visibly clear 2-in-1 wash & mask.


This is a cleanser that I know my skin loves and therefore it's a good cleanser for me to try this system with. If you don't see the results that you want, perhaps look at trying the VisaPure with a different cleanser and see how you get on.

You can buy this product online at Boots.com or purchase in your local store.

Be sure to let me know if you decide to invest in a VisaPure; good luck!


Always Geek, Forever Chic.
Laura.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this review! I haven't been able to find many unbiased comparisons between the Visapure and Clarisonic. Can you explain what the Clarisonic lacked or didn't do compared to the Visapure?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...