Sunday 14 April 2013

Proactiv Cleansing Bar



Hello Lovely! Today I would like to bring you my review of another product which is new to the market here in the UK; the Proactiv Cleansing Bar.



Now I know what you're thinking... It looks like a bar of soap, smells like a bar of soap, probably tastes like a bar of soap (if you've been really naughty, that is) so why is it running around with it's £14.99 price tag and claiming to be something much more special...

Good question. Proactiv have been quite brave to put this product into the UK market at it's current price, however perhaps it's a good indicator of the brand that they have managed to build in this country. I am a big fan of their 3 step skin care system and if you'd like further information on that line you can read my review here.

The main winning ingredient in this 'cleansing bar' is salicylic acid, is a solid feature in the proactiv range. It's a little different to what you find in the American proactiv range though, so be aware that the ingredients do vary depending on where you purchase the product. 

This cleansing bar is billed as being suitable for teenagers and adults who suffer from blemish prone skin. It's supposed to take away excess oil, dead skin cells and impurities whilst unclogging pores, clearing blemishes and stoping future breakouts - which is quite a promise. 

I'll use this point in the review as an excuse to add a picture of Katy Perry, who champions the Proactiv skin care range to control her blemish prone skin, because Rhys who runs GadgetGeekBoy absolutely loves her. You're welcome Rhys...




Back to business. So starting from the top, the packaging. I can't profess to be super excited about the packaging but for a bar of soap, it is quite nice and the bar inside is wrapped in cellophane as you'd expect.

You use this bar in exactly the same way as any other bar of soap, wet your hands and work the bar into a lather - then massage over the skin and rinse thoroughly. This is supposed to be subtle enough to use twice daily although I have only felt comfortable with using this once a day. There are some gentle micro-beads and I did feel that if I used this product twice a day I would experience some dryness. 


After I use this bar, my skin does feel lovely and clean - it's also very soft to the touch. I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't already have a cleansing routine in place and is prone to blemishes or acne as I really do believe salicylic acid is an ingredient that works well to combat this. 

My main bug bear with this product though is the fact that once I've used the bar, I don't know what to do with it. I don't like to leave soap on the side, so I put it back in the box but with the box being made out of cardboard it just gets soggy. I think the bar needs to be packaged in a more appropriate container. 


My Conclusion...?


I like this product, if there was a smaller version and I was going away for a few days, I'd be tempted to take it as a simple, quick cleanse before starting the day. 

However I am put off by both the packaging and the price tag. I think there are better cleansers on the market that justify a 'just shy of' £15.00 price point.  

You can buy this product online at Boots.com or purchase in your local store.

If you're a fan of the 3 step skin care system by Proactiv and you really want to continue banishing the blemishes, then perhaps it's a good idea to give this a try. Maybe you could wait until you have enough Boots points to ease the pain though...


Always Geek, Forever Chic.
Laura.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. We hope you will share some more information about skincare. We really enjoy your blog & content. If anyone looking for Clear Skin Care Clinic Then visit us. We provide the best skincare services.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...